THE COURSE CONTENT
Participants on completion of this course will know and understand:
- Identifying different types of fires
- Explain and practice fire prevention
- Operating basic fire fighting equipment
- Perform basic fire fighting procedures
THE TARGET GROUP
This course is aims at all persons designated and wishing to become a fire fighter.
THE COURSE STRUCTURE
We explain the responsibility and legal liability of the basic fire fighter. Relevant videos to give the learner a good understanding.
- Introduction to fire fighting
- Fire Tetrahedron
- How fire spreads
- Classes of fire
- Different extinguisher mediums
- How to operate (PASS)
- Introduction to fire prevention
- Practical, operating extinguishers
- Hose reels / blankets
We check the learner’s competence level for this basic fire fighting course.
This course complies and aligns to unit standards.
THE COURSE DURATION
- 1 Day
- Unit Standard ID: 13961
- NQF Level: 02
- Credit: 5
- Valid for 1 Years